BEIJING (Dow Jones)--China Commerce Ministry said Wednesday that China has no intention to distort the trade in rare-earth minerals to protect its domestic industry.
The comments by the ministry came after Washington, the European Commission and Tokyo said they plan to bring a new trade suit before the World Trade Organization over Beijing's restrictions on exports of rare-earth minerals.
China has been maintaining communication with all sides and the government's management of rare earth resources is carried out for environmental purposes, the ministry said in a statement posted on its website.
-Eliot Gao contributed to this article, Dow Jones Newswires; (86 10) 8400-7705; email@example.com
Copyright (c) 2012 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
Forex News DJ China Commerce Ministry: No Intention To Distort Rare Earths Trade To Protect Local Ind
- Forex News DJ China Development Bank Bond Result -Traders
- Forex News DJ Taiwan Central Bank: To Intervene in Forex at Times of Large Hot Money Flows
- Forex News *DJ HK Treasury Markets Assoc Fixes Offshore Dollar/Yuan At 6.3119 Vs 6.3135 Previous Day
- *DJ US ICSC/Goldman Sachs Chain Store Sales +3.0% On Year
- *DJ Greek Government's Majority Cut By Defection – State TV
- *DJ Italy's Berlusconi: "No Doubt" Greek Referendum Hitting Debt Mkt